This traditional side dish couldn’t be easier or more delicious and is a great way to use that MOINK bacon grease you’ve been saving. (Try our Candied Bacon if you need some bacon grease.)
We especially like to serve these with the Ground Beef Street Tacos.
- Serves 4
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. MOINK bacon grease
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans pinto beans, undrained
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese and cilantro for serving
- Heat the bacon grease in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the beans and chicken broth. Mash the beans with a potato masher to desired consistency. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer 7 to 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro before serving.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?