These individual desserts transform store-bought semi-homemade ingredients into something really delicious.
If you’re short on time, feel free to use whipped topping or canned whipped cream. Try your favorite pudding and pound cake flavors to change it up.
- Serves 4
- Active time 30 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 (12-oz.) bakery pound cake (any flavor), cut into bite-size cubes
- Stir together the berries, sugar, and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk together the pudding, milk, and half of the vanilla extract according to package directions. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat the whipping cream and remaining half of the vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble the trifles: In 4 glasses or jars, spoon half of the pudding in the bottom of each glass. Top with half of the cake cubes, half of the berries, and half of the whipped cream. Repeat the layers once.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.