Can’t decide whether to have burgers or pizza for dinner? Have both with this mash-up of two crowd-pleasing favorites.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages MOINK ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 large slices pepperoni
- ½ cup marinara sauce (plus more for serving)
- 4 pretzel buns, grilled or toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Combine the ground beef, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Shape into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties. Make an indention in the centers of each patty. (This will help prevent the burgers from shrinking.) Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Top the burgers with cheese and pepperoni during the last 30 seconds of cooking to melt the cheese.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the cut sides of the buns. Top with the burgers, arugula, basil, and bun tops. Serve with additional marinara sauce, if desired.