If you love Thai food, this burger is for you. A tangy and crunchy slaw is piled high atop a burger seasoned with ginger, red curry, and cilantro, and then kissed with peanut sauce. What could be better?
- Serves 6
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages MOINK ground chicken
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp. red curry paste
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- 6 brioche buns, grilled or toasted
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken in a medium bowl. Chop enough cilantro to equal 2 tablespoons. Place the remaining cilantro in a separate medium bowl. Add the egg, panko, red curry paste, ginger, and garlic to the chicken. Shape into 6 (3/4-inch-thick) patties. Make an indention in the centers of each patty. (This will help prevent the burgers from shrinking.) Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, cucumber, and basil to the cilantro leaves. Stir together the vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Grill the burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spread the peanut sauce on the cut sides of the buns. Top the bottom buns with burgers, carrot-cucumber salad, and the bun tops.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?