Grab a ukulele and your grass skirt because this Hawaiian-inspired pork burger will have you saying aloha. The tanginess of the pineapple, smokiness from the charred onion, and sweetness from the sauce is a match made in heaven.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages MOINK ground pork
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 4 slices red onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 onion buns, grilled or toasted
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Combine the ground pork and smoked paprika. Shape into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties. Make an indention in the centers of each patty. (This will help prevent the burgers from shrinking.) Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. While the burgers are cooking, add the pineapple and red onion and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until charred and tender.
- Spread barbecue sauce on the cut sides of the buns. Top the bottom buns with the burgers, pineapple, onion, and bun tops.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?