Grab a ukulele and your grass skirt because this Hawaiian-inspired pork burger will have you saying aloha. The tanginess of the pineapple, smokiness from the charred onion, and sweetness from the sauce is a match made in heaven.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages MOINK ground pork
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 4 slices red onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 onion buns, grilled or toasted
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Combine the ground pork and smoked paprika. Shape into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties. Make an indention in the centers of each patty. (This will help prevent the burgers from shrinking.) Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. While the burgers are cooking, add the pineapple and red onion and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until charred and tender.
- Spread barbecue sauce on the cut sides of the buns. Top the bottom buns with the burgers, pineapple, onion, and bun tops.