Packed with the quintessential Mediterranean flavors of feta, olives, mint, oregano, and lemon, these juicy burgers will disappear in a flash. Find refrigerated tzatziki sauce where you find fresh salsa in the deli section of the grocery store.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages MOINK ground lamb
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- 4 sourdough buns, grilled or toasted
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced into ribbons
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Combine the ground lamb, feta, olives, oregano, mint, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Shape into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties. Make an indention in the centers of each patty. (This will help prevent the burgers from shrinking.) Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread the tzatziki sauce on the cut sides of the buns. Top the bottom halves with burgers, tomatoes, cucumber, and the bun tops.