Packed with the quintessential Mediterranean flavors of feta, olives, mint, oregano, and lemon, these juicy burgers will disappear in a flash. Find refrigerated tzatziki sauce where you find fresh salsa in the deli section of the grocery store.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages MOINK ground lamb
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- 4 sourdough buns, grilled or toasted
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced into ribbons
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Combine the ground lamb, feta, olives, oregano, mint, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Shape into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties. Make an indention in the centers of each patty. (This will help prevent the burgers from shrinking.) Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread the tzatziki sauce on the cut sides of the buns. Top the bottom halves with burgers, tomatoes, cucumber, and the bun tops.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?