So, loads of you have asked us how to make Moink balls. Well, it’s one of those make-it-up-as-you-go-along things, which is why we never posted the recipe. But it’s something like this – feel free to adapt as required!
Makes 16-18 Moink Balls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb bacon cut in half
- 1 finely chopped onion (or leave them out if onions are not your thing)
- Favorite spices to taste (we like to use Montreal Steak Seasoning, but anything will do: we’ve used everything from BBQ seasoning to Asian inspired seasonings!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine beef and pork in a large bowl or mixer.
- Add spices and onions to the raw meat. You really can’t go wrong here. Just use your favorite spices that you have in your cabinet.
- Using your hands, roll your meat mixture into 1 inch diameter balls.
- Wrap the meatballs with the halved bacon and secure with toothpicks.
You can cook your Moink Balls in a variety of different ways – this is what makes them so fantastic! These are our favorite ways to cook them up!
- Smoking – If you’ve got the time and the right equipment, this is our absolute favorite. Get your smoker warmed up to 225 degrees, and smoke the Moink Balls for roughly 2.5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Check out our home-made smoker in the photo above!
- Oven – No smoker? No problem. Put the Moink Balls on an aluminum foil wrapped pan (makes clean up easier). Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Skillet – This isn’t our super favorite way of cooking Moink Balls, but let’s admit it, sometimes you just get a craving and, well… skillet it is! Sear the outside of the Moink Balls on high heat, then turn the heat down to medium. Place a lid on your skillet and cook the Moink Balls until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?
Sounds great, going to have to check this out…I do have a smoker!
Thanks I am a mother and very busy! This helped me alot!
Is there away to call moink to make purchases
We’re an online subscription service. The FAQ explains how to sign up.
I have been so thrilled with Moink! I started to look up the company as soon as Lucinda started to speak on Shark Tank last year. My family owned small farms, back 2-3 generations ago in Northern California.
I am so thrilled with everything I have received. I love supporting farmers that work so hard every day is something I feel
So proud of.
Thank you, Lynn!
I can practically smell these over the internet! Let me know when I can order some of your beautiful baconto make them! I am a first time customer – just saw you on Shark tank tonight – and love what you are doing! I’m a small beekeeper, farm our family’s vegetables and fruits and this fits so perfectly with how I want to feed my family. Thank You!