So, loads of you have asked us how to make Adam’s famous Moink balls. Well, it’s one of those make-it-up-as-you-go-along things, which is why we never posted the recipe. But it’s something like this – feel free to adapt as required!
Makes 16-18 Moink Balls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb bacon cut in half
- 1 finely chopped onion (or leave them out if onions are not your thing)
- Favorite spices to taste (Adam likes to use Montreal Steak Seasoning, but anything will do: we’ve used everything from BBQ seasoning to Asian inspired seasonings!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine beef and pork in a large bowl or mixer.
- Add spices and onions to the raw meat. You really can’t go wrong here. Just use your favorite spices that you have in your cabinet.
- Using your hands, roll your meat mixture into 1 inch diameter balls.
- Wrap the meatballs with the halved bacon and secure with toothpicks.
You can cook your Moink Balls in a variety of different ways – this is what makes them so fantastic! These are our favorite ways to cook them up!
- Smoking – If you’ve got the time and the right equipment, this is our absolute favorite. Get your smoker warmed up to 225 degrees, and smoke the Moink Balls for roughly 2.5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Check out Adam’s home-made smoker in the photo above!
- Oven – No smoker? No problem. Put the Moink Balls on an aluminum foil wrapped pan (makes clean up easier). Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Skillet – This isn’t our super favorite way of cooking Moink Balls, but let’s admit it, sometimes you just get a craving and, well… skillet it is! Sear the outside of the Moink Balls on high heat, then turn the heat down to medium. Place a lid on your skillet and cook the Moink Balls until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.