This Mediterranean-inspired all-in-one bowl is great as a weeknight dinner option. Everyone can build their own bowls with their favorite toppings. Even better? You can make the meatballs up to 2 days ahead of time and bake just before you’re ready to eat.
- Serves 4
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes
- 1 lb. MOINK ground lamb
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) package orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 3 Kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4-oz.) container feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup kalamata olives, halved
- Green Goddess Dressing – click for recipe
- Thaw the lamb.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Combine the lamb, onion, garlic, mint, lemon zest, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Shape the mixture into 12 meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- To serve, divide the orzo evenly between 4 serving bowls. Top with meatballs, arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, and olives. Drizzle each serving with desired amount of dressing.