Studded with cranberries, apricots, almonds, and red onion, this colorful side dish is the perfect vehicle for soaking up delicious pan sauces. We especially love it paired with our Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
Serves 4 to 6
Active time 10 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup Moroccan couscous
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat butter and oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook 4 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the couscous, salt, pepper, cranberries, and apricots. Cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, and stir in the almonds and parsley.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?