Think of this sauce as a thin sour cream and onion dip—perfect for adding extra zing to your grilled steak, vegetables, or other favorite protein.
- Makes 2 cups
- Active Time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 3 small leeks, trimmed, cleaned, and halved lengthwise (white and green parts only)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Toss the leeks with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill the leeks 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until charred and tender. Remove the leeks from the grill and coarsely chop.
- Place the leeks, remaining oil, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, parsley, and paprika in a food processor. Process until creamy, adding 1 tablespoon water if necessary to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days. Great with beef, poultry, seafood, pork, lamb, and vegetables.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?