Enjoy the craveable flavor of hot wings but without the mess of deep frying. These tangy and saucy drumsticks are baked in the oven and are great for game watching or for an easy weeknight dinner.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 packages MOINK chicken drumsticks (about 4 to 6 drumsticks per package)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- Celery sticks
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and place on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet. Bake the chicken for 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway through or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 165°F.
- While the chicken bakes, combine the hot sauce, butter, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook about 3 minutes, or until the butter melts.
- Stir together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, and about ¾ of the blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and toss with the buffalo sauce. Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with some of the blue cheese sauce. Top with the remaining crumbled blue cheese. Serve with celery sticks and the remaining blue cheese sauce.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?