It’s no surprise that this popular salad from the 1950s and ’60s has made a comeback – what’s not to love about blue cheese dressing and crispy bacon atop crunchy lettuce? We recommend a pungent blue cheese like Maytag or Roquefort in both the dressing and to crumble on top.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
For the Blue Cheese Dressing:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Salad:
- 4 slices MOINK bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Make the Blue Cheese Dressing: Stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, lemon juice, and milk in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large cast-iron skillet until browned and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble once cooled.
- To serve, cut the lettuce into 4 wedges and place 1 wedge onto each serving plate. Drizzle with dressing and top with tomatoes, bacon, crumbled blue cheese, and chives.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?