Walk into any bistro in France and there’s a good chance you’ll find this on the menu. Marinade the strip steaks in Port Wine Marinade, and serve them grilled with dressed up frozen French fries. All you need to round out your date night supper is a Wedge Salad and a nice glass of Cabernet.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes, plus marinating time
- 2 MOINK NY strips
- ½ cup port wine
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ½ (15-oz.) bag frozen shoestring fries
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the steaks in a large zip-top plastic bag or shallow dish. Stir together the wine, 2 Tbsp. oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and thyme in a medium bowl. Pour the marinade over the steaks. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade, and let come to room temperature.
- Toss the French fries with the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, onion powder, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake according to package directions. Toss with parsley before serving.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and grill covered with the grill lid, 9 to 12 minutes longer, or to desired doneness, turning after 4 minutes.
- Let the steaks rest 10 minutes before serving.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?