Bring the steakhouse home with this classic dish that’s ready to eat in 30 minutes. Use your favorite mushroom blend for the sauce, and serve with a baked potato and a wedge salad for a special meal sure to impress.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- 2 MOINK sirloin steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- ½ lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallot
- 2/3 cup marsala wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the steaks 3 to 4 minutes on both sides or until desired doneness. Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest 10 minutes.
- Add the butter to drippings in the skillet along with the mushrooms and shallot. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Whisk together the marsala, beef broth, and flour. Add the marsala mixture and thyme to the mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the mushroom sauce over the steak. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?