Bring the steakhouse home with this classic dish that’s ready to eat in 30 minutes. Use your favorite mushroom blend for the sauce, and serve with a baked potato and a wedge salad for a special meal sure to impress.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- 2 MOINK sirloin steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- ½ lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallot
- 2/3 cup marsala wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the steaks 3 to 4 minutes on both sides or until desired doneness. Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest 10 minutes.
- Add the butter to drippings in the skillet along with the mushrooms and shallot. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Whisk together the marsala, beef broth, and flour. Add the marsala mixture and thyme to the mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the mushroom sauce over the steak. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.