This hearty stew will warm you from head to toe and comes together quickly for an easy weeknight dinner. Serve with Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread to sop up the flavorful juices at the bottom of the bowl.
Serves 6 to 8
Active time 25 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
- 1 lb. MOINK breakfast sausage
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small bunch kale, trimmed and chopped
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon to crumble. Drain the sausage, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in the pan.
- Add vegetable oil to the pan and heat over medium-high. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, kale, beans, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until the kale is tender. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?