Every night can be steak night with this delicious cut. Serve this ultra-tender steak with a baked sweet potato and mixed greens or slice it up to top a salad, fancy toast, or taco.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time 10 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes
- 2 MOINK sirloin steaks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
Thaw the steaks.
In the oven:
- Arrange the oven rack 5 inches from the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place in the oven and preheat the broiler. (Allowing the pan to heat up along with the oven ensures nice browning on the meat.) Rub the steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully remove the preheated pan from the oven and add the steaks.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes or to desired doneness. Let the steak rest 10 minutes before slicing.
On the grill:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat until hot. Rub the steak with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered with the grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Let the steak rest 10 minutes before slicing.
On the stovetop:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (we prefer cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the steak to the pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Let the steak rest 10 minutes before slicing.