Transform our tender flank steak into colorful spirals of meaty goodness for an impressive supper. We’ve chosen spinach and roasted red peppers with Romano cheese for the filling but feel free to change it up with olives, mushrooms, or whatever your heart desires.
- Serves 4
- Active time 25 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- 1 MOINK flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Place the steak on a flat surface and cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the steak to ¼-inch thickness. Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper.
- Stir together the cheese, parsley, and lemon zest and sprinkle all over the steak. Top with the spinach and roasted red peppers, spreading to an even layer.
- Tightly roll up the flank steak so that the grain of the meat is horizontal across the roll. Cut the steak into 4 rolls, and secure each with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the pinwheels to the hot skillet and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?