Give this delicious, easy Pork Roast recipe from the Moink kitchen a try!
- 1 Moink pork shoulder roast
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp chopped bay leaves or two whole leaves
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1-2 lbs new potatoes
- 1 small package baby carrots
- 2 tbsp of your favorite high heat oil (canola is what I used)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Generously salt the entire roast.
- Warm your dutch oven on the stove top to medium high heat. Then add oil.
- Sear the meat on all sides.
- Add in all ingredients. I leave the rosemary for last so I can remove it before serving.
- Add the covered dutch oven to a preheated oven at 350. Bake for 3 hours.
- Add in baby potatoes and carrots. Cook for one additional hour. Get ready, your house will smell wonderful!
The tomatoes add such an unexpected sweetness. This recipe will be on repeat for my family all winter long.