The Current Food System In the United States Is Broken.
Currently, there are four companies that control over 80% of the meat industry in the United States, and as a result:
- 99% of the chicken, 95% of the pork and 78% of the cattle in the United States are raised in feedlot or confinement buildings.*
- 80% of the antibiotics consumed in the U.S. are fed to animals. In 2016, 18.4 million pounds of antibiotics were sold for livestock.*
- Most farmers aren’t making money. Median on-farm household incomes have ranged from a yearly LOSS of $3,040 in 2008 to a yearly LOSS of $118 in 2014.*
- Conventional livestock farming was responsible for 9 percent of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions in 2016.*
- In the U.S., more than 10,000 different additives are allowed in the food supply, despite potential problems within the system to ensure their safe use.*
How Moink is different.
Moink’s vision is to connect tender-hearted carnivores with high-quality, ethically-sourced and humanely-raised meat from small family farms. This is how we do it.
- Our Meat Stands On Its Own: A great product doesn’t need altering. That’s why our meat is free of antibiotics, growth hormones, GMO grains, dyes, solutions, nitrites, nitrates, added sugar and other funk.
- We Stand With the Family Farm: Farmers should be able to operate on their own terms, and earn an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work. That’s why we pay them fairly for their animals.
- We Care for the Land and Animals: Animals are a vital piece of regenerative agriculture, and should be given a life worthy of their sacrifice. That’s why we raise them outdoors on pasture and our fish swim wild in the ocean.
- We’re Committed to Transparency: We think the consumer has the right to know who grew their food and how, which is why we tell our farmers’ stories and share their growing practices.
The End Result
- Tender, juicy and full of flavor, Moink meats are the best you’ve ever tasted!
- Meat that is better for you, with more nutrients like Omega-3 Fatty Acids,B-12, Zinc, Iron and Vitamins D and E.
- Farmers have a marketplace for their meats, and hope for their family land and legacies.
- Our land is flourishing and our animals are healthy.
- Moinkers are getting to know the people that stand behind their food.
Join Our Movement
Want to be part of our mission? Refuse to buy factory farm meat so you won’t be part of the problem. Instead, join our merry gang of tender-hearted carnivores and help us work toward a solution. Another Bonus? You’ll enjoy the BEST tasting, highest quality meat you won’t find anywhere else.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?