These lamb burgers were one of the best I’ve ever had!! The yogurt makes them extra fluffy, and the flavors couldn’t be more delicious! If you’re not a fan of lamb, feel free to sub for ground beef, buffalo, turkey, or even chicken, and call them Mediterranean burgers!
The Tzatziki Sauce is a must! It’s so refreshing, and this homemade version is SO much healthier than store bought, or ordering while you’re out! The cultured plain yogurt that I used has billions of probiotics, making this a gut healthy meal! This would also be great for kabobs, in wraps, and as a dip with veggies.
I think you will be ready for grilling season with these bad boys!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/2 onion, diced (I used red)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup, cucumber chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg yolk, discard the egg white
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbl. Garbanzo bean flour (or any flour/bread crumbs)
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice
- Pink salt & pepper
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 15 min
Total: 45 min
- In a mixing bowl add: Lamb, 1/4 onion, egg yolk, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup feta, chives, oregano,
garbanzo bean flour, pink salt & pepper.
- Combine thoroughly, and form into 4 burger patties.
- Grill on high, 4-5 minutes each side
- While burgers are grilling, make the Tzatziki Sauce. In a blender OR mash together in a bowl:
remaining 1/4 feta, remaining 1/4 onion, remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, pink salt &
pepper to taste.
- Mix together, adjusting as desired.
Serve burgers as you wish, with Tzatziki Sauce, on a bun or in a salad bowl. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Bowl Obsessed
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?