If you’re a fan of French onion soup, then you’re going to love this recipe. Caramelized onions crown tender filets and Gruyère cheese is melted on top.
- Serves 2
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 MOINK tenderloin filets
- ¼ cup grated Gruyère cheese
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until the onions begin to brown and caramelize. Add the thyme and sherry and cook 15 minutes longer, until the onions are browned.
- While the onions cook, sprinkle the filets with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the filets 2 minutes on each side.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Top each filet with the onions and cheese. Broil 1 minute or until the cheese is browned and melty.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?