Loaded with tender flank steak and other Tex-Mex favorites, this hearty breakfast will keep you going all morning long.
- Serves 4
- Active time 30 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes
- 1 MOINK flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Rub the steak with 1 tablespoon oil, the lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak to the pan and cook 6 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove the steak from the skillet and let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the eggs are scrambled. Remove from the heat.
- Place 1 tortilla on a clean surface. Top with ¼ cup cheese, ¼ of the eggs, ¼ of the steak, ¼ of the avocado, and 2 tablespoons red onion. Roll up, burrito-style. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.
- Top the burritos with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro before serving.
Tip: It’s also great as a make-ahead dish. To reheat, wrap the burrito in paper towels and zap in the microwave for 30 seconds or heat in a cast-iron skillet for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?