If you are a fan of crunchy bits, then this is the recipe for you. Buttery Yukon Gold potatoes are twice cooked, ensuring edges of crispy potato surrounding fluffy, tender insides.
This is the ideal side for your favorite steak.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes and let dry.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Use a potato masher or the bottom of a glass to smash the potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chives before serving.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?