This festive jam is great to make ahead and keep in the fridge to jazz up a piece of chicken or pork. Or, add it to a charcuterie board atop a wheel of Brie.
- Makes about 2 cups
- Total time 40 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, halved and sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) container fresh figs, chopped (2 cups)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Melt the butter with the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook 25 minutes, or until they soften and begin to brown. Add the figs and cook 5 more minutes until they soften.
- Add the wine, vinegar, and rosemary. Simmer 5 more minutes until the mixture is syrupy. Let cool completely. Store in refrigerator-safe glass jars.
Especially delicious with pork, poultry, and salmon, or spooned over brie cheese.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?