Dig in to this ultimate comfort food dish from Canada. Frozen French fries make this meal or appetizer super easy to put together. Find cheese curds in the deli department of your grocery store.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 (28-oz.) package frozen hand-cut French fries
- 1 (5-oz.) package cheese curds
- 2 MOINK sirloin steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the French fries according to package directions. Add the cheese curds during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- While the French fries cook, sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the steaks and cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove from the skillet and let rest at least 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Whisk in the flour and cook 2 minutes until bubbly. Whisk in the beef broth. Add the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Cook 5 minutes until thickened.
- Arrange the French fries on a platter, if desired. Place the steak slices on top. Ladle the gravy over the top, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?