A recipe from Chef Tommy!
Who doesn’t like the pork and apple combination? If you get the Brady Bunch reference, rest assured even Jan can make this simple and quick sauteed pork chops recipe!
- Moink boneless pork chops
- 4 leaves fresh sage (or 1 tablespoon rubbed sage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 16oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Splash of brandy or cognac
First I would make a batch of stuffing, about 4 cups
- In a bowl take the pork chops, oil, sage, and garlic. Toss and set aside.
- Now, slice your apple like you’re making a pie.
- Slice your red pepper into long thin strips.
- Get a large frying pan nice and hot with a little oil. Put the pork chops in and pretend you’re frying bacon. Turn down the heat if the pan is smoking!
- When the pork chop releases (as it is easy to flip it… and it isn’t stuck to the pan), turn over. When they release again (or use your thermometer), put them on a plate and set aside.
- Now, add butter, apple, red pepper, onion, and corn to the pan. When everything is getting really hot, splash a bit of cognac in the pan.
- Put the pork chops back on top and cover. When the lid is hot, you’re ready to serve!
- Dish up alongside your favorite stuffing!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?