I truly hope you enjoy this tried and true biscuits and gravy recipe that has been in my family for generations. It’s a stick-to-your-ribs, hip-enhancing, good-ol-comfort-food kind of recipe! We often serve it up on a cold winter morning, or even as a late afternoon meal to warm the heart and soul after a long day of working outside. The trick to the biscuits is to make sure to use frozen butter and shred it. The air pockets created from the frozen butter make the biscuits perfectly flaky.
Long live the family farm,
- 2lb MOINK pork sausage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- half stick butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 5 cups milk
Gravy Preparation Instructions
- Fry the sausage with the butter until fully cooked but not crispy.
- Add the flour to coat the sausage.
- Add in the milk one cup at a time, stirring until thickened.
- Add the salt and the pepper.
- Enjoy gravy over biscuits or toast.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder.
- 3/4 cup frozen shredded butter
Biscuits Preparation Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Add vinegar to the milk and let sit at least 5 minutes
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in shredded butter and soured milk.
- Stir dough (It will be shaggy).
- Shape the dough into 6-8 biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm gravy on top, and enjoy!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?