This traditional South American condiment comes together quick and only has a handful of ingredients. (Most are probably already in your pantry.) It’s awesome served with just about any grilled protein—steak, chicken, pork, salmon—you name it. For an extra boost of flavor, brush a little on the meat while it cooks and drizzle more on the top when served.
Makes about 3/4 cup
Total time 10 minutes (plus standing time)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced red chile pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano (or use 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
Stir together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
Pro Tip: The longer the chimichurri stands, the better the flavor becomes.
Make ahead 24 hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Fantastic to top your New York strip, ribeye, flank steak, sockeye salmon, chicken thighs, and lamb!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?