This cool, refreshing, and crunchy salad is inspired by raita, a traditional Indian condiment. It’s a wonderful make-ahead side dish as the flavors only improve the longer it has to stand in the refrigerator (but you can also eat it right away if you prefer). We especially love it paired with our Tandoori Drumsticks.
- Serves 4
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 15 minutes
- 2 English cucumbers, halved, seeded, and cut into half-moons (about 5 cups)
- ½ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Combine the cucumbers, red onion, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Stir together the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cucumber mixture and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. After standing, season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Easily remove the cucumber seeds with a spoon!
You can use the end of a small spoon to scrape the seeds away.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?