Also known as salsa verde, this versatile sauce is great for more than just green enchiladas. Serve a dollop atop your favorite grilled piece of meat or as the salsa for tacos. If you like spicy food, don’t remove the seeds from the jalapeño.
- Makes 2 cups
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. tomatillos, papery skins removed
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- Salt to taste
- Quarter the tomatillos and place in a medium saucepan with the onion and water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- With the motor running, drop the garlic through the chute of a food processor and process until minced. Turn off the food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Delicious with steak, chicken, pork, seafood, and vegetables.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?