Reinvent your leftovers from our Poached Salmon with Hollandaise into this classic brunch dish. This recipe serves 2 to 4 people, depending on how hungry you are.
To reheat the salmon, we recommend popping it in a 275°F oven for a couple of minutes. If you need to thin out the Hollandaise Sauce, add a tablespoon or two of hot water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes (plus prep time for the Poached Salmon and Hollandaise Sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Poached Salmon fillets, heated – click for recipe
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Hollandaise Sauce – click for recipe
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Bring a shallow pan of water to a boil. Add the vinegar and reduce the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Break 1 egg into a custard cup or small bowl. Swirl the water with a spoon and drop in the egg. Cook the egg in simmering water to desired doneness. (For a firm white with runny yolk, we suggest cooking for 3 minutes.) Remove the egg to a plate with a slotted spoon. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Flake the salmon into large pieces. To serve, top the English muffin halves with avocado slices, baby arugula, salmon, a poached egg, and Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with chives, if desired.