This hearty stew uses two of our favorite MOINK proteins plus hearty vegetables to make a filling supper you can enjoy any night of the week. Serve with crusty bread or a side salad to round out the meal.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 45 minutes
- 4 slices MOINK bacon, chopped
- 2 small stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 2 small MOINK salmon fillets, skinned and cut into bite-size chunks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Cook the chopped bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp. Remove the bacon from the Dutch oven with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings in the pan. Add the celery, onion, and garlic and cook 5 minutes until softened. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cook 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir together the heavy cream and flour. Add the heavy cream and cook 5 minutes until thickened. Add the salmon and corn. Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes until the salmon is done. Season the chowder with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the bacon and green onions before serving.