This hearty stew uses two of our favorite MOINK proteins plus hearty vegetables to make a filling supper you can enjoy any night of the week. Serve with crusty bread or a side salad to round out the meal.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 45 minutes
- 4 slices MOINK bacon, chopped
- 2 small stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 2 small MOINK salmon fillets, skinned and cut into bite-size chunks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Cook the chopped bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp. Remove the bacon from the Dutch oven with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings in the pan. Add the celery, onion, and garlic and cook 5 minutes until softened. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cook 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir together the heavy cream and flour. Add the heavy cream and cook 5 minutes until thickened. Add the salmon and corn. Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes until the salmon is done. Season the chowder with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the bacon and green onions before serving.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?
This is the most amazing chowder I have ever had.!
I must admit it took some time to prepare. That is why I actually made 4 batches on a Saturday afternoon. (Put me in that freezer meal prep-per princess category). Each step was easy and the ingredients are common in my pantry.
I love my Moink subscription and this recipe is delish!!