Crispy, crunchy, spicy, savory, and slightly sweet—these vibrant lettuce wraps have it all. We like to use MOINK ground pork sausage here but any MOINK ground meat will work great. The dish is filling enough to serve as a one-dish meal, but it’s also great with steamed rice or Vegetable Fried Rice.
- Serves 4
- Active time 30 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 lb. MOINK ground pork sausage
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 (8-oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Butter or iceberg lettuce leaves, matchstick carrots, chopped peanuts, sliced green onions, and fresh basil leaves for serving
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- Thaw the pork.
- Make the Peanut Sauce: Stir together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Make the Lettuce Wraps: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork and mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and both are browned. Drain any excess fat, if necessary.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook 1 more minute, until fragrant. Stir in the water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, and chili garlic sauce (if using). Simmer 2 minutes or until the mixture is hot. Stir in the basil.
- To serve, divide the pork filling evenly between lettuce leaves. Top with carrots, peanuts, basil, and green onion, and drizzle with Peanut Sauce.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?