This is our version of everyone’s favorite fall treat. Think of it as a caramel apple with a candy bar-inspired coating, complete with salty, crispy bacon, of course. We love Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples but feel free to use your favorite variety or a mix.
- Serves 6
- Active time 30 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes (plus cooling
- 6 apples, washed and dried
- Wooden craft sticks
- 6 slices MOINK bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (11-oz.) pkgs. caramels, unwrapped
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Remove the stems from the apples and insert the craft sticks. Stir together the bacon, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans in a shallow dish.
- Heat the caramels with the heavy cream in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Dip the apples, one at a time, into the melted caramel, turning to coat. Let the caramel cool for about 1 minute before rolling in the bacon mixture. Place the apple on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining apples and coating. Let the apples cool at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the caramel is hardened.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?