This delicious and easy Zuppa Toscana recipe is sure to be a homerun at your dinner table, especially during these cooler months when soup is the way to go!
- 6 slices of Moink Bacon
- 1 lb Moink breakfast sausage
- 4-5 Medium yellow potatoes, washed and diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 Medium onion, minced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Bunch of Kale, rough chop (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1sp garlic powder
- 1tsp basil
- pinch oregano
- pinch thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven brown sausage. Leave the grease. Remove the sausage. Cook the bacon. Leave the grease. All of that grease adds wonderful flavor. Remove the bacon. Poor in onion and cook over medium heat until onions start to turn translucent. Add garlic and cook until tender. Stir in onion powder, garlic powder basil, oregano, and thyme.
- When combined add chicken stock and potatoes. Bring potatoes to boil. Boil until fork tender. Do not drain. Add in sausage, kale, milk and heavy cream. Continue to boil until kale is al dente. Leaving the Kale with a little crunch adds great texture to this soup.
We can’t wait to see what sorts of recipes you make with your Moink Box! Be sure to tag us @moinkbox or #GetMoinked so we can see your yummy creations. Enjoy!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?