We were happy to partner with Joanie Simon for this delicious and easy Walnut Bacon Cupcake recipe!
Walnut Bacon Cupcakes
- 8 strips of Moink bacon, cooked until crispy
- 12 tbs softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract (or maple)
- 1.5 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 container of your favorite frosting
- Cinnamon sugar and more chopped walnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine softened butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy and sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Add in vanilla and self-rising flour and stir just until mixed.
- Add chopped walnuts and bacon bits from 3 strips of bacon (reserve the rest for garnish) and fold in.
- Portion out the batter into a lined cupcake tin (should make 8 – 12 cupcakes)
- Then bake for 20 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool then add your favorite frosting and garnish with cinnamon sugar, more chopped walnuts, and bacon strips.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?