We were happy to partner with The Running Powerlifter for this Versatile and Healthy Ground Beef recipe!
Every Monday night, my fiance and I love to make a meal that helps to start our week off on a healthy note, but also tastes amazing. Thus, every Monday night we make this simply (yet delicious) ground beef to serve alongside roasted zucchini, and jasmine rice.
The best part about this meal? It’s so easy! I mean, c’mon… what’s better than a delicious and easy to prepare meal?!
However, my fiance and I have learned something interesting about the star ingredient in our favorite meal, the beef: the type of beef we use – grass fed versus grain fed – makes a HUGE difference! Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way due to digestive issues I would experience after eating grain-fed beef. A friend suggested trying grass-fed beef instead and wow it made a world of a difference!
Not only does grass-fed beef digest better, it has way more vitamins and is packed full of those omega-3 healthy fats compared to its grain-fed alternative. Plus, buying grass-fed beef is actually even better for the environment and supports more humane practices of raising cows.
That’s one of the many reasons I love using Moink – all of their meats are ethically sourced and humanely raised, including their grass-fed beef. Plus, it’s delivered right to your door! Basically, this service is for any tender-hearted carnivores that like convenience.
If you want to know more about Moink, you can read the full review of my experience with the company or you can visit their website.
Now, let’s get to that easy, peasy recipe! Again, this is a simple recipe, but that’s the beauty of it – you can use it in so many ways & combinations. For example: with jasmine rice & zucchini (favorite!), as the beef in your spaghetti sauce, or even in a yummy sub sandwich with cheese!
Versatile & Healthy Ground Beef Recipe
- 1 lb Moink Ground Beef 85/15
- 1 tbsp powdered garlic
- 1 tbsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- non-stick spray
- Heat a cooking pan to medium-high heat
- While the pan is heating, put the ground beef, powdered garlic, powdered ginger, and sea salt in a bowl and mix
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and put in the beef mixture
- With a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula, break up the beef evenly on the pan to cook evenly
- Continue to move around and break up the beef until it cooks through, which will take about 7-10 minutes (cook until you no longer see pink/red pieces)
- After cooked through, drain the excess liquid fat or take out the meat with the spatula without the liquid fat. *Be sure to not drain the fat into your sink, as it can potentially clog!
- Your beef is now ready to serve! I love it paired with roasted zucchini (slice then broil on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet for about 5 minutes) and jasmine rice (I use the frozen kind from Trader Joe’s, so it simply takes 3 minutes to microwave).