A recipe from Chef Tommy!
There is nothing better than a pork shoulder roast especially if you have a Crock Pot or a cast iron roaster. This is the perfect opportunity to sneak those kids their veggies and clean out the fruit basket!
- 1 Moink shoulder roast of pork
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into 8 wedges
- 2 medium turnips cut into 8 wedges
- Seriously, that pear that may be getting a little old, the end of that bag of dried cherries, that bruised apple, or all of it! Just chop up whatever fruit you have into 1 inch pieces, discarding any bruises.
- 1 cup red wine
- Place the pork in the Crock Pot and rub it down with the Montreal Steak Seasoning. Toss in all of your fruits and veggies.
- Pour the wine over the top.
- Set the Crock Pot on high and cover for 2 hours, or until the roast is at 165 degrees. (The same holds true in a 350 degree oven if you’re using a roaster.)
- Grab your forks and eat up!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?