A recipe from Chef Tommy!
This delicious ground pork with creamed pasta recipe is a crowd pleaser! This quick and easy pasta sauce can easily be a delicious dip or even put on a toasted crostini for a game time pleaser. We love a recipe that’s so versatile! You can make it gluten free by using gluten-free pasta.
- 1 box any pasta (My personal favorite is Cavatappi!)
- 1 pound Moink ground pork
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes, if you like
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 16 oz bag frozen corn or peas (you can also use fresh asparagus cut into small pieces)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Start a pot of water for the pasta, always add at least a tablespoon of salt!
- In a 3 quart pot, add olive oil and get the pork browning.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the chopped onions.
- When the pork is visibly crumbled and the onions clear, add in the whipping cream and garlic.
- Check the pasta! You always want your pasta al dente, not mushy.
- Just as the cream sauce starts to bubble, add your frozen corn or peas. Let the pot get all bubbly.
- Strain your pasta, but don’t rinse it!
- Add your pasta to the saucepot. Fold together, top with parmesan cheese, and serve it up!
We can’t wait to see what sorts of recipes you make with your Moink Box! Be sure to tag us @moinkbox or #GetMoinked so we can see your yummy creations. Enjoy!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?