These steaks are juicy, mouth watering, and tender as hell. I seasoned them simply with S&P because these steaks don’t need much else. I also am having a moment with this chimichurri sauce drizzled over top of the glistening crust of the steak. SO SO good!
For the chimichurri sauce:
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 tsp dried)
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 5-6 petite sirloin steaks
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to 350F
- Allow your thawed steaks to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes out of the fridge)
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and set aside to let it absorb that seasoning
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the parsley, garlic, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper. Let sit for 5-10 minutes then add the oil slowly while blending.
- Grill your steaks to desired doneness. I personally like medium (roughly 140F) or about 4-6 minutes per side
- Let those steaks rest! Or else you lose all that flavor and juice!
- Serve with a spoonful of that delicious chimichurri sauce and some of your favorite grilled veggies and sides!
💚 NOTE:* Temperature is crucial to a perfectly seared steak. You DO NOT want to start with a frozen or too cold steak!
Courtesy of The Kitcheneer