We were happy to partner with Amanda at The Skinny Fork for the delicious, and easy Cheesy Bacon & Pesto Potato Skins recipe!
We’ve all made our New Year’s resolutions and now it’s time to continue sticking to them! This year, as with any year, my goal is to continue eating better and more health conscious. Eating ‘right’ can come in a lot of forms, and for me one way to do that this year is to start eating more ethically and simply.
These potato skins are just that. Simple. As simple as they can possibly be. From the potato to the bacon on top there is minimal ingredients used or time spent here! Another good thing about these potato skins? They’re great as a side dish OR as a hot appetizer. I’m thinking… game day spread. Oh, yeah!
Not all bacon is created equal. And with bacon being a main part of these potato skins… I wanted the best bacon I could get my hands on. That’s why when I ordered my first Moink box, I was sure to get plenty of bacon in there!
Moink is a farmer owned and operated community that ships humanely-raised, ethically-sourced meat directly to your door. The Moink boxes are fully customizable. You get to start with one of the four box types and tailor from there. I began with the ‘Beef’ Box and substituted in a few things to make my Moink box personal and tailored to me and my family.
The majority of Moink animals are “farrow to finish,” meaning they spend their entire lives on the same farm with the same care takers. The Moink box is for the “tender-hearted carnivores.”
Moink meat is compliant with plans like Paleo/21DSD/Whole30/Keto. On top of that, Moink meats do NOT contain antibiotics, growth hormones, genetically modified grains, artificial colors or solutions, sugar, or nitrites/nitrates!
Don’t forget to sign up for their newsletter for special offers.
Cheesy Bacon & Pesto Potato Skins
Not your average potato skins! These skins are loaded with spinach, pesto, cheese, and yes… Moink uncured smoked bacon!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 6 Slices Moink Smoked Uncured Bacon
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 C. Chopped Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/3 C. Light Pesto
- 1/3 C. Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Cook the Moink Uncured Smoked Bacon via your favorite method until done and crisp. Set aside to cool and crumble.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat for easy clean up.
- Wash the potatoes well and pierce all over with a fork before placing into a large bowl.
- Add the 1 Tbsp. olive oil. 1 1/2 Tsp. salt, and 1 1/2 pepper to the bowl with the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting each potato in half. Scoop out the middles of the potatoes to leave about 1/4” thick skin.
- Fill the center of the potatoes with the 1 C. chopped spinach divided evenly.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp. of the light pesto into the potatoes, followed by about 1 Tbsp. of the cheese each, and the crumbled bacon.
- Place the skins into the oven to bake again, this time for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve right away along with more cooked Moink meats!
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?