We were happy to partner with Jasmine at Lively Meals for this delicious and easy Cashew Chicken recipe!
Whenever I made a commitment to eat clean a couple of years ago, finding quality meat became super important to me. The meats that I order from Moink are unlike any I have ever tried. They are ethically and humanely raised. They don’t have any nitrates, antibiotics, growth hormones or any of those things. These meats are sourced from farmers who care about the work that they do. They know the importance of having quality meat and the fact that they’re able to share this with so many people is incredible to me.
I know that sometimes quality meat can cost a little more than other meats but to me its worth it. I often make sacrifices in other places just so that I can purchase quality protein. That’s how much it means to me!
I used chicken breast from my Moink Box to make this cashew chicken. Trying Moink will be one of the best decisions you make in 2019. Thank me later.
Truthfully, this chicken probably could’ve been eaten plain and it still would’ve been good. But sometimes I just love a sauce that’s made with wholesome ingredients to accompany my chicken. The sauce in this recipe has ingredients like tamari, maple syrup, and ginger and some other things a well.
- 1 lb chicken breast (I used Moink chicken)
- 1 tbsp cassava flour or all purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 small onion (sliced)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup broccolini (chopped)
- Dice chicken into cubes and coat with flour and salt and pepper. Set aside. Mix the ingredients for the sauce and set the sauce aside.
- Heat some oil (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) in a frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the cashews and toast until golden brown. This should only take around a minute or so.
- Remove cashews and add the veggies into the pan and saute for a few minutes. Remove the veggies and set aside. Add some more oil to the pan and add in the chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side and three minutes on the other side (or more depending on how large the chicken chunks are). They should be golden brown when done. Make sure they are not pink in the middle.
- Once the chicken is golden brown add the sauce and cashews back in. Turn the heat up just a little and let the chicken simmer until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Once the sauce thickens, stir in the veggies.
- Serve with rice or noodles.