Filled with roasted ham, pork tenderloin, gooey cheese, and tangy pickles, these iconic pressed sandwiches are sure to fly off the platter.
- Makes 12
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes (plus marinating and resting time)
For the Roasted Pork Tenderloin:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 MOINK pork tenderloin
- 4 Cuban rolls (about 10 oz. total)
- 6 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 lb. sliced Orange Bourbon-Glazed Ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 dill pickle sandwich slices
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- Combine the oil, orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place the pork tenderloin in a shallow dish or large zip-top bag. Pour the marinade over the pork. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the pork from the marinade and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 145°F. Remove the pork from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Split the Cuban rolls in half. Spread about 11/2 tablespoons of mustard onto the cut sides of each roll. Top with ham, pork tenderloin, cheese, and pickles. Replace the bun tops and press down firmly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 of the sandwiches in the skillet. Cover with aluminum foil or parchment paper and place a heavy skillet on top, pressing down as the sandwiches cook. Cook 1 minute on each side or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining butter and sandwiches.
- Let cool slightly and cut each sandwich into thirds. Serve immediately.
Bake the ham (if you don’t have any leftover) and the pork tenderloin ahead of time. Assemble the sandwiches and refrigerate. Cook the sandwiches just before serving.