These finger-lickin’ wings are sure to be a hit at your next cookout. The marinade comes together quickly with the help of a food processor. Serve with our Caribbean Coconut Rice and Black Beans and a side of tostones (found in the freezer section at the grocery store), and you’ll be transported to the tropics without having to leave your backyard.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Active time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes, plus marinating time
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 green onions, trimmed and cut into large pieces
- 1 habanero pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 packages MOINK chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- With the motor running, drop the garlic through the chute of a food processor until minced. Remove the lid and add the yellow onion, green onions, pepper, lime juice, vegetable oil, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, allspice, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Puree until very smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl or zip-top plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and turn to coat. Cover or seal and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Grill, covered with a grill lid, 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is done (a meat thermometer registers 165°F when inserted in the thickest portion).
Pro Tip: Habanero peppers are HOT so be very careful when handling them. You may want to wear disposable gloves.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?