This hearty breakfast is a great way to start the day. It’s got everything you need all atop a charred tortilla. If you’re really hungry, two tortillas will fill you up. For a sturdier situation, you can also double up the tortillas. And here’s the recipe for our Caribbean Coconut Rice and Black Beans.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- ½ lb. MOINK pork sausage
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cooked black beans (see here for a recipe), warmed
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 corn tortillas, charred or grilled
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, chili powder, and cumin and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until the sausage is browned and crumbled. Remove the sausage from the skillet and keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Add the oil to the skillet and heat until hot. Add the eggs, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and cook sunny side up, over easy, or to desired doneness.
- Divide the sausage, eggs, avocado, black beans, pico de gallo, and cilantro evenly between the tortillas.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?