Skip to content
- 5 cups day-old bread cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 lb MOINK pork sausage
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced.
- 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- half bunch fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine optional — (sub with 1/4 cup of broth)
- 3 cups broth
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup dried and chopped apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until dried and toasted. Transfer the bread cubes to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, fry MOINK pork sausage until cooked through, then add to bread cubes.
- In the same sausage skillet, melt the butter and add the onions, celery, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the wine (if using) and allow the wine to reduce down to half (about 4 minutes). Take off the heat and mix in the stock to combine all of the flavors.
- Add the beaten egg and apricots.
- Combine vegetable mixture with bread cubes, mixing really well until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 9×12 baking dish, until browned on top and hot in the middle. Serve warm & enjoy!