If you’re looking for an easy, light vegetable side dish, these grilled summer veggies are just the ticket. An herby lemon vinaigrette and creamy goat cheese crumbles take them from just okay to hip hip hooray. Serve with a grilled steak, chicken breast, or pork chop and you’ve got a winning meal.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into planks
- 2 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into planks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large slices
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4-oz.) log goat cheese
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Toss the zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, and onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are charred and tender. Remove to a serving platter.
- Whisk together the remaining ¼ cup olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the vegetables. Crumble the goat cheese over the top and serve.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?
I love this whole idea and am working on my order. We can all help the farms. I’m going to send boxes for Christmas – woo hoo! Loved your follow up message on Shark Tank – thank you.