This vibrant salsa is great with just about anything, including a tortilla chip. It gets better the longer it sits, but keep in mind that the avocado will get mushy after a few days. If you want to make it ahead of time, combine all of the ingredients except for the avocado and then stir in the avocado just before serving.
- Makes about 4 cups
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- ½ peeled and cored pineapple, cut into rings
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 firm, ripe avocado, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Coat the pineapple rings with nonstick cooking spray. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the pineapple is charred. Remove from the grill and finely chop.
- Combine the chopped pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and oil in a medium bowl. Fold in the avocado and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Great with everything: steak, pork, chicken, and seafood.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?
Michael Moire sent me! LOL. Is there a minimum number of orders per year? 74, household of one, restricted income. Apartment fridge freezer space! Mostly interested in filets, Delmonicos, seafood, chicken thighs, FYI.
No minimum order. Set up regular deliveries on a schedule that works for you, then skip or reschedule anything you don’t need. You’ll LOVE our filets, salmon and chicken!