This vibrant salsa is great with just about anything, including a tortilla chip. It gets better the longer it sits, but keep in mind that the avocado will get mushy after a few days. If you want to make it ahead of time, combine all of the ingredients except for the avocado and then stir in the avocado just before serving.
- Makes about 4 cups
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- ½ peeled and cored pineapple, cut into rings
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 firm, ripe avocado, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Coat the pineapple rings with nonstick cooking spray. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the pineapple is charred. Remove from the grill and finely chop.
- Combine the chopped pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and oil in a medium bowl. Fold in the avocado and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Great with everything: steak, pork, chicken, and seafood.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?