This tart and tangy salsa is the perfect addition to a seared or grilled piece of meat or as a taco topper for chicken, pork, and seafood. The flavors get better with time so it’s a great make-ahead condiment.
Makes about 1 1/3 cups
Total time 10 minutes (plus standing time)
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries (about ½ of a 12-oz. package)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place the cranberries in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, and lime zest.
- Stir together the lime juice, honey, olive oil, and salt. Add to the cranberry mixture and stir to combine.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving. Adjust seasoning after stand time if necessary
Great with seafood, chicken, pork, and steak.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?