Have you ever wanted to recreate a steakhouse-style tomahawk steak at home? Well now you can! While the garlic roasts in the oven, let the steak hang out on the countertop. Then sear and baste it with the flavorful roasted garlic and herb butter. It doesn’t get tastier than that!
- Serves 2
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 large bulb garlic
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 MOINK bone-in ribeye steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 small sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut off ⅓ of the end of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Place in a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Cover the garlic with the foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the garlic is fork tender.
- Heat the remaining oil in a cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle the steak lightly with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the hot skillet and cook 5 minutes. Turn the steak over. Uncover the garlic and squeeze the cloves from the bulb. Add the butter, rosemary, and thyme. Tilt the skillet and use the melted butter mixture to baste the steak as it cooks 3 to 5 more minutes or until desired doneness. Remove the steak from the skillet and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.